View Single Post
Old 2004-11-21, 06:10   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkn
I also agree. Kare Kano is the best romance anime ever made. The later episodes are a bit weak, but overall it is far superior to the rest of the stuff out there. I bought the DVD set without hesitation.

If you like the more shoujo style romance anime, Hana Yori Dango is particularly enjoyable. Very plain animation but a fun story.

There are a bunch of cleaned up H-game based series from last year and before that are enjoyable including Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Da Capo, Kanon.

More male oriented ones include Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Onegai Teacher. I generally find them weak, but not terrible.

I don't think there are any good romances this season, but I haven't been keeping close track. School Rumble seems to be more comedy than romance...
Hmm I wouldn't call Love Hina a true romance anime, there is a romantic story but it is more in the background in order to create funny situations, and there isn't that much development going on in the relationship.

School Rumble is not romance anime at all, Tenma's love for X (forgot the dude's name) and the tough guy's love for Tenma is merely the setting, School Rumble is pure comedy (and a good one at that)