View Single Post
Old 2004-10-10, 03:30   Link #96
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
I watched the Seed D raw earlier tonight. I knew i would hate it, since seed was absolutely hideous. And i have but one thing to say after seeing destiny.

I want to spit.

And vomit.

Gundam Seed and Seed D almost undo nearly 20 years of following Gundam for me. At this point, I'd almost rather see the franchise just killed and buried in the pasture than to keep bastardizing it.
Well, you don't have to watch it. Fact is though, Seed is a cash-cow for Bandai, and maybe they'll appropriate some of the profit made from Seed to a UC-related series to satisfy the older Gundam fans. I say it's a win-win situation. You'd save some time and stomach acid from not watching Seed, and can be happy in a year or two that you'll be watching a Gundam series more or less catered to your tastes, supported out of pocket by legions of Seed fangirls and fanboys.

Seed isn't great, but if it wasn't popular then they wouldn't make a sequel. I'd agree with srb in that it's good to try new things with an old franchise. It certainly paid off for Bandai.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote