View Single Post
Old 2010-12-21, 03:45   Link #20101
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
I think the idea that people have said the Tea Party is Eva's perspective on the events has some merit. And that EvaB is the Game master, due to her tag line being heard by Lion and Ange.

However, this is what I think. Bernkastel harvested Eva's *biased* perspective in which Eva mis-characterizes Kyrie and Rudolf to a large degree. George is portrayed as innocent (although... hmm.. that scene of him saying how jealous he was was pretty damn suspicious, maybe that was a patched-in source from somewhere else...) But I think as a confession of sorts, she acknowledges that she killed Natsuhi first, although she softens it by saying that was 'an accident.'

I assume what happened in Rokkenjima Prime was that Eva may have published her memoirs posthumously and people now take what she said as nearly the 'flat out truth.' It is so powerful a tale that the real truth maybe being drowned out. And it may take Ange or Battler, or whoever's left to sort it all out again.

Another reason why I think it was Eva's biased point of view, rather than a mystery or another game was that Will's rules seem to be totally ineffective. Although we weren't shown the battle between Will and Bern, it seemed Bern had absolutely no injuries. What I'm thinking is that a 'biased point of view' is not a mystery. The Tea Party was not a mystery and did not conform to any rules, Knox or Dine. And this is why Bern was absolutely confident when she indicated to Will that none of his attacks will hit her. (She was still responsible for putting forth this story though, so if it had been a mystery she would've been in trouble.)
Hmm, now that I think about it, that makes some good sense. I knew it was Eva's perspective, since the "play" began by a fitting line from her.
I didn't dive into too much detail on why Will couldn't harm Bern at all, but your theory would make quite a lot of sense.

Not only this, but in this case Bern would be allowed to use the red truth This is all truth-- seeing as that the context it was taken from was the biased and twisted truth from Eva. This could definitely explain everything there.