View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 19:36   Link #2979
Un1234l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryo View Post
Why would you look up to someone for sucha reason? However, it's not that Lelouch being a wagon driver gave the show a perfect ending, it the fact that Lelouch is still alive. It's sad to think after all is said and done Lelouch had to die, but thinking/knowing/believeing he is still alive makes the ending better for some. I would have dropped the the ending score too if I thought for sure Lelouch was dead.
Some people hope for something like this. Tragic heroes. I admit I love tragic heroes. But still.. there was a part of me that wished he was still alive.
But all in all, the ending was almost perfect for me. I wished they could have developed the stories of other characters as well, but alas... I argued in my mind which would have been better:

Lelouch dying after causing total hell and making everyone hate him
Lelouch living after causing total hell and making everyone hate him.

It was time to repent for his sins. He had good intentions that lasted throughout his life. But many obstacles stood in his way, and as a result, he... became a murderer. He was destined to fall, as had Light. But he went down nobly; done for the greater good.

Had he lived, I would imagine the world wouldn't be peaceful like how it was in the epilogue. He knew that full well, and chose to follow his original and main desire: to make the world a better place. That could only be done with his death, as the world would just try to rebel against an "unjust, tyrant dictator," which was the kind of person he was in everyone's eye but Suzaku's, Jeremiah's, and C.C.'s.
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote