View Single Post
Old 2006-08-06, 10:30   Link #5
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Hrm. Although Toon Zone claims that Shuffle! is licensed and that the distributor has yet to be named, ANN only mentions it as one of the properties that Kadokawa Shoten has produced recently, and specifically omits it from the list of other properties (such as Karin & Haruhi) that are named as being headhunted by US licensors. But then, it is mentioned as specifically licensed on the AoD forums in their Kadokawa Shoten thread... though no distributor is named yet, and from the looks of things it won't be announced at Otakon, as I believe that all the panels are now over, yes?

Hrm. I'd be betting on it being either Geneon or ADV. Preferably Geneon for me, but either would make a nice addition to the DVD collection. It will be good to see Shuffle! in full DVD quality when it comes out (assuming reports are correct and all). Maybe they'll even reanimate the last half of episode 24, perhaps even touch up eps 22 to 24... nah, probably not :S

All in all though, good news if true. I'm all for shows I enjoy being licensed, I like collecting things and I'm fond of quality I can understand fully, as opposed to partial understanding in R2 - which are too expensive to collect if I'm unable to follow the show sufficiently. Bring on the Shuffle! disks, make it six or less, monthly releases, and let's get this out the door starting in January/February. Well. Perhaps not. But still, let the Shuffle! roll. ^_^

-Andiyar