View Single Post
Old 2014-07-12, 11:14   Link #34517
Void_Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Well, it's a bit up to debate as there's not an official explanation but basically Beato from Ep 1 to 5 represents many sides of her original creator, Sayo in 1986.

Yasu-Clair in Ep 7 is mostly a living representation of Sayo's confession. In the manga is said she also wrote that down. In a way Clair is the personification of that confession.

The Clair of the Teaparty might instead be the personification of Eva's diary.
Thanks for reminding me, I do remember the confession bottle that showed up in EP8's manga. So this part makes the most sense, when in EP6 at first she could use magic unlike the Chick-Beato

Quote:

Beato the elder sister of Ep 6 represents the Sayo that had fun playing pranks and scaring people pretending Beatrice was wandering through the island.
Also easy enough to explain

Quote:
Beato the younger sister is... more complicate. She was created as the embodiment of the rules of the gameboard and I guess this means she was supposed to be the one that gets blamed when something mysterious happen but she's not just that. She's also the representation of the 'not so discharged feelings' Sayo had for Battler. Although in a way she can also be the representation of the Sayo Battler knew 6 years ago. She also works as a parallel with the relation between Kinzo and KuwadorianBeatrice only it shows what Kinzo should have done instead than what he did.

In truth Kinzo forced Kuwadorian Beatrice to become her mother and then forced himself on her, denying her of her own self and ignoring how she perceived him as her father.

Battler, although hurt by the loss of Beatrice and also longing to have her back through the new Beatrice, in the end accepted the new Beatrice was a different person and that he shouldn't force his feelings on her but accept her for who she was and respect it, if she views him as a father. As a result, Beatrice takes confidence and shift her perception from 'Battler as her "father"' to 'Battler as the man she loves' and, although Battler remains clinging to the memory of the past Beatrice, they can have their own love story in the end (I guess it heped they weren't really father and daughter and Beatrice already loved Battler even if she called him "father").
Yeah Chick-Beatrice was the most confusing of the bunch. Thanks for clarifying it as best as possible.
Void_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote