Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 20:49   Link #23420
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Because China would simply kill them all without any regard for collateral damage. In international politics, it pays to be a complete bastard.

wouldn't work. MLK and Gandhi were fighting against OUTSIDE enemies. The Islamic world needs someone to fight the battle inside.

PS. Calling a Persian or a Turk a Arab and you will lucky to just get a punch in the face.
Well, some Russians tried that with Chechenya and then the Chechens launched several deadly attacks in response during the late Yeltsin years and the early Putin years. What I meant there is that while the Chechens recieve help from the Middle-East djihadists, it isn't the case with the Uyghur people. The way the Beijing government would react is not quite an explanation about the double standard here.

I thought MLK fought against racism and segregation seen WITHIN his own country. Anyway, that kind of pacifist might pay the price with his life, but it's part of how they achieve immortality if the people follow the ideals. Someone someday will have to come up, raise the right questions and rally the people with a pacific approach. It happened before, it happened in many countries and it has to happen again

Re-PS.: I always separated the Turks from the rest of the Middle East from that knowing how proud they stand now with their more modern society compared to a number of countries in the area. It's funny when you consider the Turks had Persia, Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Northern Africa and the entire Arabian peninsula, but then not many of them folllowed progress.

Unfortunately for the Persians (mainly Iranians), they seem to enjoy getting mixed up with all the stuff involving Arabs these days. Anyway, most of the problems do happen in the Arab world; so, I'm not quite off the map here.