Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-02, 10:39   Link #23258
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's pretty much my problem with it. For me, shounen action feels dragged out as it is. Make it a monthly series and I can't tolerate it anymore. Lol. As much as I love the series and characters, I can't watch fights go on for years at a time.
Ironically, its rushing like crazy. As people said, 2 people took out an army of S monsters. Akuha got defeated in 2 chapters, not a year. Ikeda is trying his best to keep up with the tempo, but its hard to do with monthly releases.

People feel like fights are yearly but seriously, at most a fight has been 2 chapters long. Re-read the arc. True fact.

Personally I like how he's playing this out. Of course I'd love some romantic development and the intensity of the arc wears me down at times, but its still prime content and has the R+V magic that I love.

And unlike others, the beginning of series II was much more arduous for me. The snow lady arc was good but really didn't do anything but establish Fairy Tale and Miyabi's dickish-ry. Other than that it was the same introduction, same as the beginning of Season I.

Current chapters have so much more depth, addressing real issues like Tsukune's future (you know, the seal and all?). Moka's family....

...Not growing drops >:I

So personally this series has grown on me, not visa versa. I just think many people are impatient and rightly so.