Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 16:58   Link #2018
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I find that to be true amongst the usual fandom but I have the feeling that most of those who will end up being drawn towards this show won't be from anime-watching crowd but outside of it. I think Yamato might just manage a slightly larger appeal amongst the larger scifi watching western fandom. Like August138 said: most of the western scifi fandom revolves around old school space operas and those have been few and far between lately.
Yeah I could see this getting really popular in different parts of the world if it was licensed and had the exposure needed. People's tastes are different in each market.

I mean FLCL and Gundam Wing were really only popular in the West. They kind of came and went in Japan. It just sucks U.S home video distributors these days only license what they think will be popular based on Japan's numbers instead of what they think is cool or want to bring out themselves. If it happens to be big in Japan great but it shouldn't be the defining factor. That's the recession for you!!
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote