Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-14, 06:18   Link #2020
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Really, could you please provide examples (several shows if you don't mind and with an explanation what factors contributed to its success in the west) and quotes where industry representatives said what you're stating here?

EDIT: Looks like there's a poor stitch of the TV ending. I think I'll go poke some people in case someone capped it

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Should've been more specific with United States. I can't speak for Europe but here at least those shows grew in popularity because of their multiple TV runs on Adult Swim and Toonami. Heck FLCL was STILL running on Adult Swim only until a few years ago when they finally decided to let it take a break. Branching off of that, the toys for Gundam Wing sold like gangbusters when the show was still relavent for Bandai. I didn't think you'd take so much offense to my statement but if you really don't believe me I won't try to convince you otherwise.

As for quotes and whatnot, I don't feel like troving the interwebs myself because of what I said above but if you're HONESTLY interested in the topic instead of flaming me you have the internet at your disposal. There are interviews with people who ran anime on TV in the States like Jason DeMarco from CN sourcing those anime' popular. Various voice actors like Crispin Freeman have cited those shows in anime documentaries I've seen etc.

Other properties that took off in the States I can think off of the top of my head are

Cowboy Bebop, Robotech, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion(1.11 was just on TV a couple of weeks ago), and Baccano.

Edit: Here's two relatively easy to find sources http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2013-02-27 Rep from Bandai citing Wing and Ghost in the Shell.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...m-wing-ratings

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-04-14 at 06:29.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote