View Single Post
Old 2006-10-21, 11:56   Link #279
Lackadaisical

Alice does actually have combat skills with her sword though. Whether in the anime or manga, she has only been shown using her sword rather than a gun. Because of this it is possible she has only had training from her father and did in fact avoid military training.

Yet, given her personality, I can't see her skipping out on military training just because she was allowed too. She is capable with that sword of hers which means she has a certain amount of athletic ability. It is more likely she collapsed from not eating because the plot needed her to collapse rather than poor conditioning. If an in-anime reason is needed it is more reasonable to assume the train ride took more than one day and she avoided food every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex

Oh and I predict they'll be a Ball. All nobles in anime, bar none, have a Ball at some point. A big elaborate affair with people wearing masks and Mozart playing in the background etc. Wherein a guilt-ridden Alice ("do commoners eat Vol-au-vents, Stekkin?") will look pretty but further realise the absurdity of nobility as the poor folk struggle in the aftermath of the war...
Spoiler for Manga; Relatively Minor:

On the whole the pacing of the show is interesting. The first volume has been covered in the first three episodes and but the plot of the manga hasn't advanced all that far. The manga is roughly as far along now as FMA was when it was made into an anime. This will force the anime to abandon the manga in the next few episodes. In all probability this will occur around episode ten It was around 16 in FMA but FMA had 52 episodes while Pumpkin has 26 I believe.

Most animes that abandon the manga turn out rather bad. As there is, due to slower plot development, even less to work with in Pumpkin Scissors than in FMA alongside the lesser number of episodes, I'm curious as to whether Pumpkin Scissors will be any good overall or not.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote