View Single Post
Old 2011-03-29, 08:26   Link #60
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Can anyone voice a menacing character better than Sakurai? He can mix smooth and enticing with dark and dangerous and never miss a beat. Just listen to how he says "youkouso" in that trailer. It reminds me of the House of Five Leaves episode where he spoke hardly at all except for an "Oh?" near the beginning which said everything you needed to know about his character in that context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I keep getting more and more interested in this show, but I'd rather not overhype it for myself, because if I place standards too high, I'll probably not enjoy it if it doesn't meet my expectations.
That was my problem with Trapeze. I'm trying to keep my expectations under control this time around. Maybe I'll give Trapeze one more try before this show airs.

It's still not clear who will be streaming this. Funi's been mum on the subject though they're the obvious contender. Crunchy has hinted it might be on their schedule, but they've been known to troll in the past.

I'll just mention that, as much as I admire Mononoke, I think its precedessor, the "Bakeneko" arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, is even better.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote