View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 06:19   Link #226
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras80 View Post
What do you mean by "ludicrous" ? I would be glad if you can tell more. Well the name of "COMPARE" button may be misleading as you are not required to select more than one screen shot to see it in it's full resolution glory.
I had an idea about using AJAX earlier, but I don't feel like coding it, because it will be a bit more complicated to code based on my requirements... You seem to get a bit upset because of the comment-- Look here, if you compare top shots and bottom shots... It will be a lengthy horizontal scroll... Hence the word, "ludicrous" :L

As everyone knows, you can easily use JavaScript to rescale and crop images. On top of that, because of its dynamics, you can display them on the fly without having to click more buttons than needed. Ideally, clicking three times and dragging part of the image can be accomplished before comparing between three screenshots at a time... Best interface = less clicks and scrolling. To drag to another part of the image, you can easily accomplish by dragging in the small thumbnail. They are all supported under AJAX.

Quote:
Site is community based, that means anyone can upload screenshots. Think about it as a wiki. Of course wrong info can be entered, but after your point, we deleted the entry easily. Why don't you send "your" best screen shots with "the correct info" to show us what you did in your project?

The biggest problem of the other comparison sites is that they are one man projects, they are not community based. If the guy just gets bored, or his/her exams start then the site just out dates. I hope my points are taken.
Then obviously, you need to fix up your uploading/entry system... Maybe it's best to have the users select what stuff to upload, or have a competent moderator for the site. I would have done something a bit more evil... Parse through AniDB site automatically hehe... These are just suggestions... Don't get upset.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-07-21 at 06:30.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote