View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 23:25   Link #17741
Winchester

I usually build aircraft and helicopters, which nearly always (at least for the kits I build) need paint and glue, so I'm not exactly a newbie. I'm just getting a leeetle bit tired of having to buy a new tin of white each time I start a new project, just because the old tin has turned yellow...

Anyway, I found a tin of Gloss White (Humbrol 22) that appeared OK, so I'll give that a shot later. (Gloss is better for decalling and weathering anyway...) First of all though I need to strip the old paint off and sort out the damage I made to it when I was detaching the pieces from the sprues. Some parts of the kit (especially the backs of the lower legs) look awful, and will require some work to get decent again.

Right now my Exia is in its box, completely and utterly disassembled. I've spent the past several hours looking at various other people's Exias (and 00 raisers), to get some kind of feel for where I want to go. I've got the paints needed to do the original scheme (dark blue, white and red). Not sure I want to stick to that, though - I saw several cool alternatives, including a yellow and black version. We'll see...

Here's a quick question - if I go with some variation of the original color scheme (i.e white blue and red), what color would be the best suited for the frame parts - dark gray, black, or gunmetal?

Cheers for now,

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote