View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 09:10   Link #63
Slayerx

I didn't like the change they made for Roy and Marcoh
It actually felt a bit out of place for Roy to be talking about rebuilding Ishval... when it comes down to it, despite how he felt about it, Mustang has NEVER expressed any kind of desire to rebuilding Ishval... if anything i would have expected him to have been studing politics in general so that he can continue to rise up despite being too blind to serve as a fighter. Marcoh being the one to propose the idea of working to rebuild ishval seemed much more appropriate since marcoh was the one who has been tearing himself apart for years over what he did; he was the one who most regretted his role in ishval. In contrast i don't think Roy spoke much of ishval, hell the acounts we have of ishval came from the perspectives of Hawkeye, Marcoh and Scar; i don't think we ever got to hear how Roy felt about those times.

Also i don't know why they made that small change with the chimera's... they had just stuffing their faces with food, where as in the manga they shown taking a serious shot a debating Alchemy theories on how to get their bodies back to normal... Ya, in both version they go with Al out east, but i think the manga version made them seem more serious about studying alchemy for themselves.

Though i do like the addition of having Ed recite the final closing quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm one of the rare people that prefer Brotherhood's score anyway.
Oh no doubt brotherhood has an amazing soundtrack, the composer does great work. The problem however is that the director doesn't know how to use it. Constantly throughout the series he seems to pick the wrong kind of music to use in a particular scene. I love the music, i just hate how it's used in many cases.

Frankly, didn't like the choice of "trisha's lullaby" for the Ed/Al/Winry scene... the music comes off as a bit too dramatic and booming... I think something more subtle and sweet would have been better choice... perhaps "Lullaby of Resembol" or maybe "nocturne of Amestris"... one of the reason people bring up "brothers" from the first series is because it's such a great piece of music for moments like this