Thread: TERA Online
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 16:04   Link #147
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"Uploading" does not equal "torrenting" or "P2P" Those are a subset of "uploading".

I can upload at 1MB and download at 3MB .... what they're unable to handle is an unthrottled torrent with many connections. It simply overloads the equipment they have. They are quietly upgrading but until they're sure they can keep quality of service, torrenting remains a TOS violation. If I want, say, a Linux distribution or whatever, they're quite happy to grab it at the upstream point and get it to me. I didn't know there were manual files (too many game launchers assume the downloading computer is the playing computer). Anyway, I got 13% downloaded last night so that's an improvement. Anyway, tis off topic other than the fact I'm dealing with a very large download (game developers seem to forget that a fair percentage of their audience don't have even the potential access to true broadband).
It's hardly any progress if the download cancels at some point, however. Do note that the launcher is unable to continue from your download and will download everything again .. So if it looks like you can't get the game on your PC; you'll be best off waiting for those manual files.. Only, if you're not interested in paying for the game, at this rate you'll never get to even try it :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The game was developed and originally restricted for South Korea only, so I'm sure the developers didn't exactly have that in mind when creating the game...

Valari on Dragonfall server, Priest. Right now I'm level 13 and about to do the unicorn quest ._.
Me and two of my friends got to level 20 before logging off. We need a healer to stick with us from here now on, but we hate random parties. If you can make it to level 20 for tomorrow, that would be awesome :P. (Tomorrow, as in like 12hrs-ish from now on).