Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 03:15   Link #276
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I had to step in since I already did in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Guess the AKB management has taken it too far.
Shaving a girl head as a punishment is too much.
This. It ain't Minegishi's fault if she found herself a man while the other girls don't know how to find their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
With most people here having limited knowledge of the idol entertainment system (and I think they haven't even set their foot on Japan), fed by misinformation from second-hand sources, sensationalist websites or complete critics of the culture (and sorry, some people wrongly get their ideas about Japan only through anime or manga), I don't know how hard for you to imagine that it's a very complex world demanding a huge cultural leap from a closed Western mentality of black-and-white and an open mind to understand.
I have Asian roots of my own, dude, and even I find this extremely degrading for a woman to do, whether it's forced or strongly suggested. Culture or not, going batshit crazy like this because the girl found herself a man while others couldn't... it's just bloody ridiculous. Hell, we are in the 21st Century and yet this was almost as bad as anything seen in the hardcore Muslim Middle-East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I don't think there's anything politically correct about saying, "It's sexist and objectifying for the management to try to control the sexuality of members, especially when that management commodifies that sexuality with gravure photos and videos of the girls prancing around in bikinis or lingerie."

I'll even acknowledge that the rule against romance made sense when the group first started and all the members were young teens -- makes total sense that they wouldn't want a sex scandal involving a 14 year old girl. But the original members are in their 20s now; they're adults, and the management should treat them that way.
Exactly my thoughts. We are talking about the peak of hypocrisy here... what the hell is that? Looks to me that it's OK to keep that "image" so those fans, mostly lonely men, can keep on jerking off all day long instead of going out there finding themselves girls of their own. Meanwhile, idols have no right of living their lives and find partners of their own, not even when they reach legal age. We have something really wrong going on here.

I'd love to see one idol, male or female, calling out those fake or so-called fans someday by what Oasis wrote in one of their songs.

We put this festival on you bastards, with a lotta love.
We worked one year for you pigs
And you want to break our walls down?
And you want to destroy us?
Well you go to hell!

Seriously, there's no point for any artist to satisfy only a bunch of wankers. I'm just so pissed off at this whole thing.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-02-03 at 04:39.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote