View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 09:22   Link #90
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
plus now that we know where some of the straw hats are, the anime could use each of their stories as a filler! about two or three episodes with each character would be plenty of a filler, plus it would be the most interesting filler the anime has ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that's been speculated upon before... but it does seem fairly likely. We may simply get a rough setup in the manga, and later get an idea of what happened... with the details being filled in by the anime (as it were). This would allow for the anime to have better pacing.

If so, maybe the next chapter will show what's happened to the others and then end with Luffy approaching Impel Down.

I do wonder though about the probability of the whole crew being able to get back to Sabaody in time to help Luffy's fight to rescue Ace - unless that drags out. From the map we saw in the last chapter, there aren't many islands in the area - meaning it would likely take many days travel for them to get back to Sabaody in the first place. I also suspect that a full-scale war would be rather too dangerous for most of the crew, as they currently are.

Anyway...

In this chapter Sengoku finds out that all the ships sent to track the Moby Dick have been lost - and now they've totally lost sight of the Whitebeard pirates. This means that they could attack anywhere - including Impel Down. So, rather than Ace being transported to his execution place and the war occurring there, it could happen straight at Impel Down.

PS I bet next time we see what's occurring on the ship Luffy and Hancock are on, we'll see some comments about Hancock eating a lot Yes, Hancock's eating for two