View Single Post
Old 2008-12-12, 02:57   Link #66
wistfulloner

I think Taiga's Dad was blinded, blinded by his new lover and ignorant to his daughter's needs. It might be because of her traits, but Taiga's personality is very likely caused by her father's ignorance to her. In Ep2 she said that no one understands her; now i know what she really means. However, what her father did should be forgivable by Taiga, even if he had emotionally scarred her. She should recognize her father's desires and wants on top of her own.

But this is not to say that Taiga's Dad is an angel, far from it. I can almost tell this is going to change things drastically, whichever way the story continues.

EDIT:

NighAligned, i agree with your review; this certainly was a tearjerker.

There is one thing i would like to point out though. I don't think Taiga went very far emotionally in the last scene; she did everything, everything for Ryuuji's sake. She could see he was troubled by her behavior, and didn't want to upset him any further. So, she told him she would "pretend"., and Ryuuji thought this might be a start. In truth, i don't think Taiga would want to reconciliate at all with her father because she hates him so much.

Just her personality, i guess.