View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 15:52   Link #49
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sorry...I tried to like this arc...I really did ;____;
Spoiler:
For your rant on Kitamura, I felt the same way at first, until I read Vexx's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Read up on "Peter Pan" syndrome... young people who have too much pressure put on them sometimes act out and revert to childish ways (especially during a crisis) --- the idea of growing up, much less not quite the way you envisioned is scary.

Kitamura had just planned out a certain future in his mind (that included a certain someone). When that future was made impossible - he freaked out.
You can't blame it on him really, Sumire was someone more important to him than anyone else, something like a shining beacon in a tumultuous ocean. And how would you react to a brick wall when it comes to love?

And as for your second part on Taiga; unless you intend to drone on and on about the moral implications of beating up your senior, I don't have to remind you that this IS an anime. Stuff which happens there are not real life cases, and are only used to bring out the meanings and emotions. So don't complain how violent Taiga is; instead start thinking of what she felt when she did that. You might actually be able to appreciate this episode more that way.

The degeneration of the animation quality was, IMHO quite fitting to the moment. Would you look like a bunch of roses after participating in a fist-fight?