View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 17:27   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I haven't actually been following the anime, just talking to friends who do, and this episode makes it apparent that the anime studio has simply failed. Everywhere I look (here, blogs, even 2ch) people are asking "what guilt?" and the novel readers have to come out and fill in the gaps. I think they've stuffed the show too full of pop culture jokes while skimping on important plot bits.
Hey, maybe you should watch the show and make up your own mind before stating that the studio has "failed".

Ami's comment should probably become more apparent in the next arc anyway. It's called foreshadowing.

Also, the only pop culture jokes come from Minorin, and I'm pretty sure most of those are in the novels anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
I've not read the light novels but the Wikipedia summary lists a bunch of characters who have not made the cut into the anime (Sumire's sister, for example).
Sakura Kanou can be seen in episodes 13 and 14.

She only really shows up in the Spin-Off, in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sorry...I tried to like this arc...I really did ;____;
Spoiler:
Stop watching now. Trust me, just stop watching now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Ami's "taunt" towards Minori afterwards about Minori feeling less guilty was actually followed by Ami regretting saying that in the novel, but that was removed in this episode for some reason. That really affected how the audience would view Ami's character.
They'll probably add something in later to make up for it. They've done that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
The degeneration of the animation quality was, IMHO quite fitting to the moment. Would you look like a bunch of roses after participating in a fist-fight?
I think that may have been the point, yeah.