Thread: Licensed Kara No Kyokai
View Single Post
Old 2008-05-22, 20:51   Link #247
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And I will say it here, Shiki is moe
That she is. We all knew what was going to happen to the strawberry ice cream. She needs a hug~

I like Kokuto's resemblance to Tohno Shiki. It's like double the Shiki.

As for the rest, I'm familiar with FSN/Tsukihime and I've accumulated various sipets of info about KnK over time, but just from the perspective of the first movie, it was... not quite satisfactory. Shiki's eyes, background on the characters, what they know, and so forth, not explained. Now, I really shouldn't fault the movie for this too much; I'm aware that the original story was in anachronic order or whatever, and that figuring things out after the fact is part of the point... It's just that without the next 6 movies on hand, I'm left hanging... =/ Asking for very much detail at this point is a waste of time, since it's being left for later, so all I can get is spoilered. And I'm sure many of us already know the story anyway.

Now, about that artificial arm... First I thought "wtf mind trip, that ghost is messing with Shiki's mind, giving her a bad acid trip dream sequence, turning her arm into a doll's..." Then I thought "Woah, and she escaped the dream by cutting her arm off. Told you she was hardcore." But then it turns out it was artificial. They have that kind of technology in this time period? Or is she using some kind of magic, too, just out of sight?

The actual fighting was rather brief, but Shiki doing that rooftop-hopping/sliding-across-the-roof trick was pretty wicked.

Still good.