View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 13:43   Link #56
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One thing I still don't find logical in this setting is the role of the critic.

Okay, you don't like the show. Okay fine, we get that.

*months pass*

Okay you still don't like this show. Why are you still watching it than?
"Because I am a critic."
Why?!

Why do you feel the need to be a critic? Watching something you don't like on your own time and posting about why you don't like it? It isn't like you are going to get paid to be a critic here, nor is it likely to gain you anything in particular.

It doesn't sound logical to spend ones time, spending hours even, watching something one doesn't like over and over again for months at a time, just to go around telling people why you don't like it...sometimes in detail. Especially if one is not getting paid to do it.

I can understand doing this for a few episodes because you are not sure what you are getting into, or changing one's mind later in a season because a show they liked turned to crap, but why subject oneself to something they know they don't like even before watching even one episode? Again, without pay.

Is there some hidden enjoyment I am missing?
You don't seem to understand what a critic is. Drop the rhetoric tone, because you are just heading towards the same fallacies in the opposite direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Meta: I think relentlessflame has finally broken the silence after encountering multiple threads like the "VRO Fanservice" thread. I honestly think that it is annoying to find someone trying to enforce his/her opinions on others and turning a deaf ear on attempts to reason against said opinion.

On-topic: The discussion would have been much better if the opening poster used a less rant-ish tone. RLF probably snapped upon seeing that.
Your wording is poor. "Enforce" would imply active, unsolicited "corrections" to other people's opinions. Honestly, I think this happens more with non-critics telling critics or vice versa, depending on the forum.

I mean honestly, I've never received angry PM's telling me to stop praising a show. The opposite, however...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote