Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 15:12   Link #24177
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wasn't it for its existence as a whole for the last 60 years rather than whatever happened in the last few years? Merkel has "only" been in power for 7 years..
Merkel doesn't get enough credit for her effort to keep European Union solvent. Without her, I think it won't be too much of an exaggeration to say that the Union falls apart as soon Greece was declared bankrupt. Greece can only wish they had someone like Merkel from seven years back. When the world was showing the sign of an oncoming economic meltdown, Merkel comes in and immediately started to place things in motion for Germany to lead the way. Look where Germany is now seven years after compared to the rest of the Union and the world. May be I'm thinking too much here, but perhaps mentioning Merkel in the nobel peace prize creates a storm considering she isn't exactly popular in countries like Spain, Italy and obviously Greece. In a way, EU is Germany headed by Merkel. When EU is the nobel peace prize winner, it is in a way a nod toward Merkel. So obviously it was a conscious choice when Merkel's name was spelled wrong. I know I'm onto something here.

I like her a lot!