View Single Post
Old 2011-07-01, 09:54   Link #1248
s1fizik

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's one thing with being blatant, and another of being non-existent. The only only characters to have relationships thusfar are the ones that don't matter. And the one's that the audience do care about have zero progress. Explain that one.

People just want some kind of progression, it doesn't have to be some ninja love opera, just throw us some damn hints. Kishi waits like 200 chapters before giving us anything. Well, at least it's not as bad as Ippo.
You are just to naive to notice the subtleties.

Let's see:
Naruto + Hinata: Hinata finally confessed her love for him, unfortunately due to the Ninja War and the crisis of Konoha theres no time to start dating. Before it's usually be a one way crush.

Sasuke + Sakura: not going to happen obviously. It s a relationship that brought the team together and helped them bond but with Sasuke going nuts and Sakura beginning to see the darkness in Sasuke its obvious that it's not going to happen. I am sure we are past the point of no return with sasuke killing danzo...

Jiraiya + Tsunade: there was a little flirt/love between the two. Tsunade was crushed when Jiraiya died fighting pain. I bet they wouldve ultimately hooked up but both of them were old anyways. Besides Tsunade had a kid and a husband and she hasnt been able to move on.

Asuma + Kurenai: had a kid for godsakes. What did you want? More Public displays of Affection? some french kissing? Asian culture is different from western culture. Romance isn't all about getting physical, and especially in a setting like Naruto relationships are kept on the DL.

what other relationships would "matter" hmm. Every character needs to be in a relationship? This isn't a high-school themed manga. I don't think Kishi wrote this series thinking of all the perverted combinations his characters could be made into.