Thread: Ga-Rei
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-06, 15:29   Link #91
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
If your definition of protagonist is right, then both Kagura and Kensuke are equal protagonists as they both follow different, but thematically important goals in the story.
In depends on a lot things, like focus and action, etc. Right now Kagura is on a journey, and has a goal, and is at center of the conflict (she's protecting the one thing that everybody wants). Kensuke, on the other hand, is still trying to decide what he should do, that's what I say we still don't know what role he's going to play in the current arc.

Quote:
Also, why would Kensuke be an antihero if he chose to oppose Kagura? An antihero is a protagonist who has a bad character, or a bad goal(bad in the sense of evil).
Yes my bad, I just meant antagonist.

Quote:
Of course, if he sticks with Kagura, he will either gain equal plot focus as Kagura, become Kagura's "sidekick" for real, or simply fade into the woodwork as a poorly played out plot device.
This is the most likely scenario for him right now, unless the mangaka has some plot twist in store for us. We'll see.

Quote:
I wish I was happier that I see the amount of focus around Kensuke dwindling, but it has just been carried out so poorly at times. I vastly prefer the characters of both Yomi and Kagura to Kensuke, but ever since the whole "amnesia" incident the plot feels too awkward for me to fully enjoy Kagura's and Yomi's personalities. Dam you poorly constructed continuation plot..... Dam you
But did you read the latest chapters? 42 and 43, specially the later.