View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 07:08   Link #81
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
He/She was being sarcastic .

Any way considering her personality she doesn't really fit with the crew, remember she mistreated/experimented on the children never once regretting it. Robin obviously did regret most of her actions. Also she saved Luffy and helped the straw hats a couple of times. Monet never has nor does it look like she ever will (she probably hates Zoro as well).
To be fair, we didn't know that Robin did not indiscriminately kill several other characters until much later in the story arc (Funky-Curls-Dude and Hawkman were both assumed dead until they weren't).

We do not know why Monet is doing what she is doing. We do know that she has been ordered to accomplish these specific tasks, but we do not know why she was ordered or who ordered her. To put it into perspective, until Kuma was revealed to be a spy, many of his actions were deemed quite heinous, but after the revelations his actions took on a new light.

Additionally, how many 1000s of pirates and marines and innocents did Perona directly or indirectly destroy and rape for Moria, but now we treat her like the little sister we always wanted.

In the end, Oda can do whatever he wants to Monet to make her acceptable or unacceptable. Truthfully, I do not care either way (I would prefer a more humanoid female character joining the crew), but I am willing to acknowledge that Monet's current actions are not as damning as others seem to believe.