View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 02:17   Link #64
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Well, I must say that I was pretty surprised to discover that Ivankov and Inazuma are both revolutionary leaders in Dragon's army. This of course, leads me to question who else could be in his faction that we've seen already or heard about before.

The relationship between Ace and Dragon is also going to be another interesting development as the story progresses. Considering how Ace loathes his father and doesn't want anything to do with him, I've been contemplating if Ace expects his father to rescue him. From what Iva said in this chapter, it is clearly evident that Dragon does care for his sons since Iva is anticipating Dragon to make a move to stop the execution and because he's vowed to save Ace for the sake of his comrade (Dragon). The thing is, Ace doesn't seem to be aware of Dragon's concern for his and Luffy's well being, otherwise he wouldn't hate him. So, if Dragon does succeed in rescuing Ace, or if he is at least instrumental in his rescue, it will be very interesting to see how they are going to interact with each other. I can just picture Ace demanding an explanation from Dragon as to why he left him and Luffy when they were in their infancy. From that point, we may just find out who their mother is (if they even have the same mother) and the reason why Dragon is doing what he is doing.