View Single Post
Old 2011-12-14, 12:57   Link #2206
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
?? betraying her trust? If anything I am pretty sure she doubted the chairman from that point on. This becomes evident when she later on tries to talk about the chairman and/or Meer with Shinn on multiple occasions, only to be interrupted by Ray. She never trusted the chairman completely..

I think you just misunderstood Luna's character. She never talked about it openly not because she is a 'proper soldier' as you put it. but simply because she was never part of any conversation. 90% of her screen time was spent on her saying "Athrun.." or "Shinn..."
Again, as mentioned by others, you're basing your reasons on what you, the audience watching the series, feels based on what you know that she COULD NOT have totally known at all times since it happened within the story, so "screen time" is not a valid reason really outside of our own opinion as the viewers.

Quote:
jealousy? hate? hahah did you even watch the show? Not for even for a second did she show any of this. For the most part she just looked confused and worried at that point.
Who says she had to openly, obviously show it? We don't know exactly what she was THINKING in that moment.

Quote:
..... You really don't understand what i'm talking about or are just pretending? Incase you really missed my point: Luna wears a ZAFT elite uniform and NEVER, EVER showed to be anywhere close to the other red suits. Ep 43 being her lowest point..
That doesn't change the fact that, regardless of how her performance was on-screen, she IS a red in the series. If she didn't show she was beyond adequate enough and/or the superiors didn't trust her performance at all, they never would have made her a red, must less trust something like the Impulse Gundam to her after Shinn moved on to the Destiny.

From a viewer's point of view, it's obvious that she performance (and others) was severely downplayed really to allow the "real stars" a.k.a. Kira, Athrun, Shinn, and Rey to shine more.

Quote:
Well that's just sad.. But since you're soldier, I'll take your word.
Real military does do this, which comes with the whole lawful/unlawful order bit I posted before. If anyone has any intention of joining the military, they better be ready to put any personal beliefs they have in the back of their minds outside of free time they may have.

Civilians like us may like to think it's so harsh, cruel, etc, but that's simply how it's done; for the good of the country itself and that's something every country has in common really. As I said, if we were to allow all our soldiers to act on their own beliefs, then the military could not properly function.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote