View Single Post
Old 2007-11-12, 21:25   Link #29
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
My favorite quotes tend to be words of wisdom: be at peace with yourself, and be at peace with others.

"If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day." - Alex Noble

"Why not let people differ about their answers to the great mysteries of the Universe? Let each seek one's own way to the highest, to one's own sense of supreme loyalty in life, one's ideal of life. Let each philosophy, each world-view bring forth its truth and beauty to a larger perspective, that people may grow in vision, stature and dedication." - Algernon Black

Though, it's always healthy to have a few humorous quotes as well. So here's two from my favorite comedian, Demetri Martin.

-"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack."

-"'Sort of’ is such a harmless thing to say. Sort of. It’s just a filler. Sort of - it doesn’t really mean anything. But after certain things, sort of means everything. Like after ‘I love you’ or ‘You’re going to live’ or ‘It’s a boy.’"