View Single Post
Old 2008-02-04, 17:13   Link #286
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
haha..Yea...I like to update this thread...so here it is again..

My guild just got through Gruul's Lair this weekend and we went to SSC to see what it is we are up against...OO main it was a pain...We went in there with 23 people because 2 people didn't show..but any who...we learning what it is we need to do and how to do it and to see what it was we were up against. We passed the first boss and made our way to Lurker...And we did terrible...Half of us died on the spit acid thing where you have to go under water...and others died on the adds..I for one died because I couldn't get back on to the platform after jumping off when he did that spit thing..and because the healer of my group died....and I ran out of mana healing myself..the hot water killed me..xD
That's about what happened to my guild the one time I did that fight, except I was one of the only people who wasn't dying. The one and only time I got hit with the spout I flew like 100 feet away from the platform but still got back in time. Tip: don't jump while in the water, it resets the damage cooldown and will cause you to take damage much faster than just swimming.

I've since rejoined that guild but just because I have friends there; I don't go to the 25 man raids because they still have a ridiculous dkp system and I'm not throwing away my time to earn some arbitrary virtual points. Free roll with officer discretion (to prevent people from just taking all the gear and leaving, and to tip things in favor of those who put in the most effort) is a far superior system, and this is coming from someone who has never won a single roll.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote