Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-16, 22:09   Link #1861
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is one of the reasons why I like this sort of forbidden romance theme in fiction; it's very emotional and bittersweet. Because they can never be truly open and upfront about their feelings in public and they can never just be a "normal couple", they end up in this sort of isolated world where they can only be "alone together". And the further they indulge themselves in that world, the more they isolate themselves from everyone else around them, and the problem compounds (as so eloquently shown in this episode). So the choice is basically that they have to truly be enough for each other -- now and forever -- or they have to separate from each other despite of, or even because of, how much they love each other. That's some pretty heart-rending stuff. So yeah, I think you're exactly right on in your read.
That's a good way to put it, I couldn't have said it any better myself. Their love has to be true and unconditional because of this fact. I've always been a fan of tragic love regardless if it was incest or not.

"Oh what tangled webs we weave."

They must agree to be "alone together," those 2 words pretty much says it all. Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
We should know once the two OST are released; they're coming with the first and third Blu-Ray volumes respectively (next week and then late-February).
I might have to purchase these. Thank you for the information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
In solitude, where we are least alone.
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Just out of curiosity, do any of you people find it awkward to recommend anime like this to your "opposite sex" sibling? (who for this example might be close to you?)
Not at all. As long as your sibling is open-minded, then I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem. Although I hope your sibling is old enough to watch this show considering it is pretty explicit.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote