View Single Post
Old 2014-11-08, 10:32   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

While I started to follow the manga seven years ago and not holding the distinction at being amongst the first generation of fans back when Naruto started getting serialized in 1999 the story, nevertheless, became a common denominator factor in my daily routine; same can be expressed by everyone else here and out there.

To me what's alluring and gripping about Naruto is his hot-headedness determination to stand his ground and not giving up his dreams, his ideals, and, finally, his friends. Nonetheless, one downside to the manga is precisely Naruto's hot-headedness which at many times got on my nerves repeating the similar situations over and over again with steady redundancy.

Of course, there are other characters such as Sakura, for example, that share in their load of negative traits as well. However, I liked how Kishimoto-sensei clearly planned the plot beforehand and way ahead, hence, he knew to which direction the story was heading without suffering any sort of writer's block. Furthermore, thanks to that pre-emptive planning in the manga I got to see how introduced characters were properly fleshed out and given room to grow-up; IMO, any character introduced played a relevant role no matter how small it was.

The hollowness I felt back two days ago once I reached the last page to the final Naruto manga chapter is a testament for the affection and devotion I held in high regards throughout all this years of reading it, and I know there won't be more of the same story written by Kishimoto-sensei.
Nevertheless, life goes on, and I'm taking with me the wonderful experiences I earned from enjoying Naruto's story. Hopefully, I can look to a brighter outlook since the anime is yet to end and seems there are more surprises stored in what's ahead to the horizon.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote