View Single Post
Old 2014-11-08, 13:05   Link #8
ranchan13

The war arc needed to be handled quite a bit differently, Obito should not have been Tobi, Madara should have either stayed dead, or been Tobi, and Kaguya should have made an appearance as a stand-alone villain if she was going to be included, rather than pointlessly tacking her onto Madara's backside on a whim.

Ignoring the entire War arc, I'd have given the series an Overall Rating of 10. Instead, it dropped to an 8, because the last couple years have been painful to read.

General impression of the series:
Overall, I loved the series. I've been with it since day 1, so 15 years is a lot of time to devote to it. In fact, I was recovering from a broken back and 17 years of age. I think that I stayed with the steries since it began is a good indication of my overall impression.

Opinions on the overall story:
As I stated above, the war arc was completely mishandled, and there were seriously times when I was tempted to stop reading.

Thoughts about the general quality of Kishimoto's drawing:
The art, for the most part, has been acceptable to good. A couple times, the art was off, other times it was beyond spectacular. Most of the time though, it was a little above average.

Characters/Character Design:
Another hit or miss.
Some of the designs were absolutely great
Then you have Lee, Gai, and and at points Sakura and Sasuke.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote