View Single Post
Old 2006-12-25, 18:57   Link #312
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
shinku was also selfish for being shocked at gin recieving a roza mystica from rozen...but how is it impossible? the proof is right in front of her eyes...the best thing to do would to accept a challenge and fight it over...that way it would have showed that shinku respected gin as a rozen maiden...but well as you can see she still has the image of gin being "less fortunate" than her being not complete...but who cares? gin isnt going to be ashamed of herself because she isnt complete all she wants is to meet rozen...
Well, yes, the start of the encounter wasn't good. It makes one believe that Shinku really only looks down on Suigintou, incomplete and yet she was given a Rosa Mystiqua, which makes her eligible to be Alice, which must have seemed like a joke to Shinku, who considered herself almost perfect. However, I believe there's more than just pity in Shinku's actions. There are several things that point to Shinku wanting to help Suigintou have a good life away from the Alice game, because, indeed, she considered her too weak to win. And even when Suigintou GOT a Rosa Mystiqua, she still told her that she can't get in the game? Why not? Well, a way to have put it would be "You're not match for me, just leave or I'll kill you". Even if Shinku felt like that, she didn't threaten Suigintou. It was more of a try to dissuade her from entering the Alice game. I don't think Shinku was being just pitiful. A way to summarize Shinku's words would be "You're incomplete, you're different from us, I wanted you to live happily, please go back, you'll die". Obviously Shinku thinks herself superior but I didn't detect any malice or contempt on her part. Indeed to me it seemed like she was protecting someone less fortunate. Shinku could have acted much better in various occassions, but there was no ill intent or that much of a high arrogance as some argue.

But Shinku calling Suigintou "junk" was anticipated. Suigintou broke her most treasured possession, which is also the symbol of her superiority. So Shinku attacked Suigintou the same way, where it hurt the most.