View Single Post
Old 2007-05-23, 23:01   Link #14
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Share... secure... thats a funny one. None of these P2P programs are truely secure and they all suffer from the exact same vulnerabilities. That said, Share's encryption hasn't been hacked but there are programs that can easily gather all the information without needing to break encryption. Seriously, if you are planning to switch for IP security, there is no point in switching. If you plan to switch because the program has actual security holes in it, then there is a point.
I wasn't asking because I'm scared of the Japanese police breaking down my door...

I was asking because if there was an OBVIOUS public case of the law extracting IPs to arrest people like there was with winny then that would cause people to migrate to the newer program.

But if there was no such thing I just don't see any Japanese people moving away from share in large numbers like they did with winny. When it comes to software, it seems the japanese are real sticklers for trying anything new (most raws are still DIVX, for gods sake... not to mention the extrodinary outdatedness of 2chan...)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote