View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 02:11   Link #33
TempestGarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
Oh dear... Well with a CPU like that, I would personally stay away from any 10-bit stuff. Use CoreAVC or LAV Video decoder in whichever media player. Try with DXVA enabled in CoreAVC or LAV Video settings (with the latest LAV Video, you can try it's DXVA copy-back option but that might be too slow so then you can just try the other DXVA option).

For subtitles, preferably use the following: xy-vsfilter.googlecode.com
Yeah I was afraid you were going to say that. LOL

I should have posted that link in the first post of this thread and then you guys could have just told me that this computer sucks from day 1 and I wouldn't have had to go through all this trying to figure out why I don't get smooth playback. Unfortunately it was all I could afford at the time.

I have been using CoreAVC for some time now and I will try it with DXVA enabled and report back. As you know, everyone wants to encode with 10 bit these days, so it is sometimes a challenge to find 8 bit versions from certain fansub groups.

I went to the page you mentioned and unless I read it wrong, you have to have madVR with this. I went down that road briefly and I got vastly inferior video quality to what I was getting with CoreAVC. Again, I think my pc is not powerful enough to use madVR.

It is 3:10am here on the East Coast so I have to hit the sack. Thanks so much for all the help. I will report back tomorrow after trying your suggestions.

Thanks again.