View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 17:23   Link #1628
Hiyono

Here's a quick comparison of the first few lines against my Chinese translation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original
The autumn in Zchted is short. Or one should say that winter came early.

Plants that were lush and bathed in the sunlight shining too, during the summer now seemed to let color hammer before the wind that lost heat.

Of course, it wasn't merely such a scenery. The autumn was also the season of harvest. Under the blue sky, golden wheat fields stretched too far along the highway.

As the wind blew, the wheat ears which grew splendidly with the sound of the seat shakes.

It seemed that with the abundant harvest around here, the face of the farmers who were cropping was also smiling broadly.

Besides standing out were the green apple trees, on which some plump green apples were hanging down really heavily.

Looking at such peaceful scenery, Tigre felt at ease. The wind was cool to a comfortable extent, though it came now just expecting to talk to them, the horse was hasted suppressing that feeling.
Here's my take:
Quote:
Autumns in Zhcted were rather short. One might also say that winter simply came early.

The verdant green of vegetation, previously bathed in the bright midsummer sun, had since faded with the rustle of the autumn breeze.

It wasn't all bleak, however; autumn was also the season of harvest.

Beneath the blue sky, vast, golden fields of wheat stretched as far as the eye could see. As the breeze blew, plump ears of wheat rustled as they swayed. The sight of farmers at work, reaping wheat, also entered one's gaze.

Unwilling to be left out, young apple trees made their presence known, their boughs dipping towards the ground, laden with fruit.

Immersing himself in the scenery, Tigre's heart opened wide. Feeling the pleasantly crisp breeze, Tigre was filled with the desire to chat with the farmers in their fields. Nonetheless, suppressing this impulse, he urged his horse onward.
I can't vouch for the accuracy of my own translation, or of the initial J-C one, but there does seem to be something lost in translation. I'd advise being a little more careful with lines that tend to have chained modifiers + descriptions. The flow of the English is a little awkward as well, although that's simply because you're not a native English speaker. An editor ought to be able to help with that.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote