View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 07:07   Link #427
ZeKeR
Superbad

@Roger: I believe there's a matter, although its futile against most, would be to turn the ballista into AA (if there's a dragon, there's a high chance that one of the defenses will include a massive ballista or crossbow on a swivel that nods and turns sideways), use catapults/trebuchets/mangonels that fling big nets instead of the normal rock or incendiary projectile or simply use the arrow hails to try and force the helo to land. a magnificent bastard could fire a well placed hit on the main rotors or the tail rotors for the lulz.

@Renegade: and here I thought the turret was similarly armored to its chassis. the spalling you mentioned could destroy the radio if it was located in the turret and the rocks COULD dent the main gun if the one who's behind the engine is also a magnificent bastard. I did remember the Greeks trolling with Greek Fire during that war I forgot that was effective as shit against boats and bunched up infantry. Romans would use it in forested areas where the clay jar breaking COULD up the butthurt. I'm not sure what would happen if an incendiary projectile hitting the MBT would do to it and crew.

in c15 I'm pretty sure that that shrewd asshole is talking to them about the maltreatment that knight commander did to Itami and the whole "we'll report the beating of Itami as a sign of aggression" shit. at least Itami's a humanitarian, and he's drawing the affection of the ladies.

EDIT:
well, they can fruitlessly make impromptu emplacements like a dirt wall that has a narrow opening for the ballista bolt to go through or spider holes for the archers since an average archer could only fire 12 per minute while an assault rifle can pretty much go seven-fold at what the archer could deal with. another is ballistics which can affect accuracy. bullets spin but arrows do not.

also, its time they used their brains and dig giant holes deep enough to swallow an MBT, but NV equipped devices will prevent them from doing just that.