View Single Post
Old 2013-06-30, 06:59   Link #1475
Doc Astaroth

I've heard...

Spoiler:

I guess, the most important point we have to learn about Touma is, how he got Imagine Breaker.

By the way, does someone here know the Dresden Files RPG. I was playing around with the character creation of that game and found out, that you could use it to recreate the characters of To Aru.

It also justifies plot armour. An important part of the game are Aspects, attributes of the characters or enviroment. This aspects can be used in three ways: You can "invoke" them to improve your roll or to create a fact for your advantage. But they can be used to "compel" you, however that way you get Fate points which you need to activate the first two options.

For example, let's say Touma has the Aspect "My life is a bad Dating Sim". The player of Touma or the GM can use this aspect to compel Touma to accidently run into Kanzaki, who just happened to change her clothes. Now the player has to decide if he pays one fate point to avoid the beating (Kanzaki hasn't noticed Touma) or if he instead plays out that scene, but recieves one Fate point, that for example he can use to "invoke" Touma's "I will crush your illusions" Aspect later in a fight with a dangerous esper.