View Single Post
Old 2011-04-15, 09:37   Link #138
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I agree about the fanbase might be aimed at older audiences, but that doesn't necessarily prevent it from being netorare. All it needs is to induce jealousy for the protagonist and that criteria is already satisfied. Nowhere did I say you have to invoke the viewers' jealousy for it to be netorare, unless you're putting yourself in the perspective of Kimimaro unknowingly?

Anyway I don't see why some people need to quickly jump on this anti-otaku wagon thing whenever netorare is mentioned, does that make them feel superior? Who knows. But I think it's appreciated if people can discuss something without using ridicule. This forum is also full of "otaku", so I can't say how many people were disappointed in what they just had to read through. I don't think any of us are qualified to judge people anyway, these "loser otaku" you are labeling.
Jealousy of what? They weren't dating. If anything, she was prob trying to scope him out financially and then decided to stick with the rich one she had. (She was complaining about lack of cellphone for contact, etc.) The girl is playing the field, prob looking for sugar daddies. (She's not dressed particularly wealthy so "daddy's money" isn't prob going to hold up for long. I'm betting on subsistence dating for her current situation.) Wouldn't surprise me if she also had or eventually gets a card.

Masakaki is probably this title's version of Kyubey so I think he's telling the truth about Hanabi.

Last edited by orion; 2011-04-15 at 09:49.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote