View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 04:24   Link #7
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I like mecha, as a general rule of thumb, but there are a few mecha series I've really disliked. But the same can be said for every genre.

I loved Macross when I was younger, the romantic and musical aspect was somewhat interesting to me compared to the raw destruction and stuff that series like Gundam offered. Then, I strongly dislike Eva, and E7, even though both are very popular in the genre. This isn't about the series though, so I won't get in to all the whys of each.

Things like FMP amuse me, I like the lead chars, and the comedy and what romance there is. It did something a bit different with the genre, which I enjoyed a lot. Then there's some unsung series, Soukou no Strain and Gigantic Formula, which were also somewhat unique; I enjoyed them for that too.

I guess what it comes down to, is I don't care about genres as long as the story is interesting and there's some facet that keeps me watching (unique designs, good characterisation, stunning art, etc). In general I'd say I'm a mecha fan, but I'm not obsessive over it. There's lots I haven't seen, and some I just don't like. Same goes for everything, really.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote