View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 18:57   Link #232
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
First lets clarify one thing, I don't hate Arisa, to be frank I was sad for her when she gave up her purity. For now I'm more neutral than hateful towards her. ( I just can't get myself into hating someone I don't care about, she can die or she don't need to its not like her existence matter)

However I cannot miss one point. We can have and probably do have a different opinions.

For me Arisa was infatuated with Gai since her waking up on the ship after Missile Ship Episode. So her following Gai every footstep and taking his every word as the words of God wasn't a surprise.
That means all Arisa decisions in second season was more or less her obvious choices (besides her getting shafted from president position).

In my view She did spread her legs and she did betray Shu because Gai asked her to (indirectly). Maybe not in person but I'm sure GHQ brought him into the equation.
Taking Arisa contacts with "organisation of mass murderers" as you call them, and following with their orders, already makes her conscious and responsible for all of her actions.
That's why in my opinion she clearly did what she did because she was swayed/persuaded by GHQ/Gai, it wasn't some kind of self preservation or some pitiful revenge. It was all to make her one and only master Gai happy.
In this episode you can see how pissed she is, that even thought she screwed with some lowlife and betrayed people who helped her, Gai still doesn't give a heck about her and only cares about obtaining Inori.
She thought that after all her hijinks her prince Gai would ride on white horse and take her to his tower, to live happily together. I get that opinion after her not so surprised face when Gai showed up, and her "WTF why you no love me" face after Gai put her down to the place she belongs.
I thought that Arisa got a call from Gai/GHQ after Inori/Mana slit her wrist. If so then wasn't she sane until then? She couldn't rely on her grandfather for support so she was relieved after Gai called her, and in the emotional state of mind that she was in, she mistook him for her saviour. Maybe she would of stayed neutral if Inori hadn't overreacted.