View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 15:59   Link #1279
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystadgon View Post
man i hope this BT can translate this LN faster.... I read the spoilers summaries so i really wish to read the whole thing... i also thinking of studying Jap just to read LN... some LN are just so good...
Rather than learning Japanese to read LN, it might be better to read LN to learn Japanese. If your goal is to read Light Novels, then learning Japanese is all well and good, but if you force yourself to read a Light Novel, you'll pick up the Japanese as you go along. Also, because you have the story urging you to read more, you're probably less likely to stop halfway through.

With that said, do not start with MKnR. Find something simpler. Get the raws, look at the images, and see if there's lots of large blocks of black, or if there are nice small symbols which seem easy to actually see through. If it's something you can readily identify with your eyes, it will be much easier to look it up in a dictionary. Also, it might not be a bad idea to get a small white board, or, if you're into the Japanese thing, a buddha board. That way you don't have to keep looking back and forth from the novel to the dictionary. And writing it will help you remember the kanji. Which reminds me, I should order one.