View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 12:45   Link #100
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So yeah uh...about this episode. The way I saw it KYH was ultimately just doing what I would expect out of her character at this point and performing some form of extreme devotion to her team (in this case riding 15 hours to get to the scene of battle) to see what the heck is going on. The reason I don't have a problem with her interfering directly instead of acting as a bystander like she typically does when she's following Haru is because of the presence of Black Vise who is out of Haru and Taku's league and shouldn't be there tipping the scales. This to me means all bets are off as to the original agreement about the fight and what we have here is essentially a reset. Taku and Chiyu are down (or at least very low on health) and now it's high tier avatar against high tier avatar (Lotus and Vice) and mid tier against mid tier (Haru and Nomi) at least for now. This to me doesn't undermine anything so much as make this episode kind of a detour around the main event yet again. I suppose an argument could be made for this arc having gone on too long (2 volumes of LN, almost an entire cour on TV), but unless KYH starts cleaving through Nomi too I don't see how she's doing everything for Haru/Taku. And something tells me she'll have her hands more than full with Black Vice.

Anyway to me Haru and Taku have already come a long way anyway. The only thing they have left to prove is whether than can finish off their original target Nomi. I think a lot of this fight is going to hinge on what Taku and Chiyu end up doing from this point. Neither is actually out of the fight so they can still make a difference somehow. I don't see them fighting each other so we'll really have to see what they have left in the tank and what they do with it. One thing is certain though, after all that damage Taku and Chiyu's special gauges are probably getting very close to if not full and actually Chiyu's has probably been full for a while now since Nomi beat on her and didn't actually finish her off, which means the potential for Citron call is out there. Hmmm.....all in all a very interesting setup for the final battle of what I hope is only the season and not the TV series.