View Single Post
Old 2016-09-22, 08:56   Link #4
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
J2gBkqP4V9Y
And the very first reply is (what I assume) bait with "omg overwatch rip off" video(specifically the one that was done by somebody who did absolutely zero research about the game or overall genre), despite specifically asking not to bring that complete nonsensical "discussion" into here, because it goes nowhere and most of people know better than to go into ridiculous arguments over "omg X ripped off Y because they are in same genre"

Niiice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjer View Post
tried it, i like what they're going for but i guess there are still a lot of things that needs to be worked on before we could make a final say on this thing

(also they can put all the "we're actually different from that other game" stuff on it but that won't change the fact that you'll hate it when your team mates tool around on their own throughout the match and never do anything about the objective... just like in that other game)

That's every objective based game tho. Take any MOBA, be it Smite, Hon, LOL, DOta, etc or any team based FPS, be it this, Dirty Bomb, even Team Fortress and you WILL have people like that. Its a problem with overall gaming community and not just a specific game. The fact that the beta just started would obviously attract people like that, but that is bound to fix itself over time as they dwindle down. Its all dependent on how lucky a side gets in matchmaking. Sometimes you might find fighting against bots actually harder than against people even. Till then I pretty much mitigate that by playing in party with people I actually know.

There's also the fact that until you reach Account Rank 5 the game stealthily places you only to fight against AI bots. Who, as I said, might be even more efficient than players sometimes.

I personally find Paladins to be more Solo friendly overall though than the other examples. As long as you competently play your role, you are contributing well to your side, due to lower time to kill than in something like overwatch where heals are abound. An endurance-based tug of war is impossible in Overwatch or Dirty Bomb and unless you and your team work perfectly together the damage that did not kill will get mitigated away by enemy healers. While in Paladins, since everything is cooldown based, you can do the whole attrition warfare thing by slowly but constantly pushing at the enemy side

The game DOES need an actual tutorial tho. While anybody who played any MOBA will be familiar with class roles(since you have traditional moba elements like tank, assassin, support, ADC, etc), it can be a bit confusing for newbies. In a perfect world every hero would have personalized tutorial helping players learn how to play it but alas a general tutorial would suffice too.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2016-09-22 at 09:12.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote