View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 16:48   Link #1014
GaimeGuy

Roy is not an average alchemist. the fact that he knows flame alchemy and has been recognized as a sacrifice candidate are proof. And everyone seems pretty confident in his ability to survive going through the gate.

actually, if I recall, the guys in central weren't really sold on Marcoh's ability to survive the process. They said something along the line of "perhaps..." when his name was brought up.

The fact that Father's group specifically settled on Mustang suggests he was the best candidate. Now, that's not to say he's as much of a genius as Ed or Izumi (certainly not hohenheim :P) but he's probably better than Al

Technically, Al didn't really survive the process, in the sense that he was completely taken by the gate. It's only because Ed gave up his arm that Al's soul wasn't taken (I assume that after the creature that they created died, Al's soul, which had bound to it, went back to his real body in the gate, temporarily.) So you could say Al survived the process to become a confirmed sacrifice only because of Ed.

Ed > Izumi > Al in talent, if you go by how little they lost by going through the gate. I wouldn't be surprised if Mustang were right next to Ed in talent, or even ahead, TBH. He's certainly been the most unfazed when it comes to Ed's talent compared to other individuals and alchemists. (although that could be just because he's known about the human transmutation since he met him).
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote