View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 12:55   Link #190
Draugur

I'm re-reading Tatarigoroshi myself at the moment and some things still seem unclear to me. I thought - having read this in this board - Rena and Mion are trying to protect Keiichi by making up an alibi for him (however, they would have to talk to many people in the village to make it work). That seems to make sense on the surface, because Mion knows he's going to kill the uncle when he called her like Satoshi.

But if they want to protect him, why don't they tell him about their plan even when they are alone with him? For example, why do they ask him 'why do you think Satoko's uncle didn't come home yesterday' after he talked to Satoko about this? They seem to corner him rather than protect him by asking him this question. If they really wanted to protect him, they should first try to find a place to talk to him alone and say 'we're going to pretend you were at the festival, please do the same' or something like this.

The next step: Afterwards they go 'treasure hunting' - maybe that means they'll hide the body in a better place (however, why in broad daylight?) - but Rena says later on they will go to the dam construction site which doesn't have anything to do with Teppei's body, does it? I also think the 'show me the receipt from the clinic' dialogue doesn't really make sense, apart from disturbing Keiichi.

In another discussion board someone brought up the hypothesis that Takano and the Yamainu took care of the body, the holes and so on, and later on killed Keiichi to be on the safe side. But I'm not sure if that would work, either.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote