Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 12:16   Link #897
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

For untranslated series I can understand the need for summaries, but last I checked this one is getting translated at a pretty decent pace. What I was trying to say boils down to "just wait and then enjoy the actual thing once it's out". Good things comes to those who wait; besides, would you rather they take time from their translation efforts to hand you summaries (which will just leave you hanging), or let them go at it undisturbed so they can finish it sooner and you can read it much earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
@Erhjegel:

I believe that sometimes summaries aren't exactly what they mean in the story context because sometimes different readers give different interpretations. This might cause confusion, albeit more because of conflicting accounts than anything else.
That's one bit of why summaries can be confusing, but I believe it's more from the readers of said summaries not having the necessary context established within the stories being summarized. They would then have to fill in the blanks (which usually results in wild speculation as they don't have a full grasp of the story's context and development) or ask for further clarification.