Thread: What is Taste?
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-17, 01:41   Link #9
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Beyond that, taste has to do with identification. Every kind of music talks to different kinds of people or involves different emotional swings. Thus, you like opera when you feel like you want to hear lyric poetry or you like death metal when you like to burst your negative feelings for the world, etc. So, you like the type of music that you feel it is an extention of your feelings and ideas.
In a non-emotional sense, Music doesn't mean anything unless you take it literally. It's just a mix of sounds confounded together to form a longer type of sound. People associate it with emotions because in society that's how they're generally are. You might think I'm weird for listening to Death or Heavy metal when I'm happy and Rap when I'm sad. though I'm more concerned with its origins than its situation. Like in Music, Preference of taste with food varies and how and why they vary depends on society and the natural tendency brought by genetics. It seems like everything in this world can be computed.

It's very awkward how I'm concerned with aesthetics considering how insignificant it is to me. Where does it originate from, taste that is?

Last edited by Cipher; 2009-08-17 at 02:03.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote